CLIA has introduced a new speed-training initiative for the trade, named ‘Cruise Love Bites’.
The sessions are free for CLIA members and will stream live from 9.30-10.30 on Thursdays, starting on 14 July and running to 25 August.
Sessions will include presentations, virtual ship tours and product updates from ocean, river, luxury and expedition cruise representatives.
Industry experts will recommend sought-after experiences, and provide hints and tips to increase bookings.
The update follows the association’s #LoveCruise theme for its 2022 CLIA conference.
The CLIA website has also been expanded to include ‘love cruise’ section, offering a practical checklist of the ways in which agents can make the most of their CLIA membership.
CLIA offering greater ‘advice and insight’
CLIA UK & Ireland MD Andy Harmer said: “Agents have done an amazing job of booking cruise holidays since our return, and have firmly re-established a holiday at sea and on rivers as a go-to customer option.
“As the positive momentum gathers pace, we have put on our ‘Love Bite’ sessions to provide further advice and insight, and help showcase the range of options that are on offer.
“With speakers from across a range of cruise brands, and with sector specialists also attending, these bite-sized sessions are not to be missed for agents looking to capitalise on ever-increasing customer demand.”
The plan for the ‘Love Bites’ sessions is as follows:
- 14 July: AmaWaterways, Virgin Voyages, Azamara and Aurora Expeditions
- 21 July: Amadeus, Royal Caribbean International, APT / TravelMarvel and Explora Journeys
- 11 August: Carnival, Uniworld, Seabourn and Swan Hellenic
- 18 August: MSC Cruises, A-Rosa Cruises, Silversea and Celebrity Cruises
- 25 August: Avalon Waterways, Holland America Line, Oceania and CroisiEurope