Celebrity Summit has returned to service after undergoing a multi-million pound transformation.
The ship is the second in the Celebrity Cruises fleet to go through the line’s $500-million Celebrity Revolution programme.
Enhancements include redesigned staterooms and suites, the addition of The Retreat for suite guests, with an exclusive new sundeck and lounge, reimagined restaurants, bars and lounges, and a fully redesigned spa and casino.
Celebrity Cruises president and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo said: “Celebrity Summit is one of the most popular ships in the Celebrity Cruises fleet and we’re excited to share the revolutionised design with the world.
“Celebrity Summit is better than she’s ever been – with modernised spaces and exciting new experiences, and she’s the first of our ships to feature our partnerships with American Ballet Theatre and Chef Daniel Boulud.”
Guests will also find, among other improvements:
- Better wifi throughout the ship and the addition of RFID lock technology with digital key
- A new wellness-focused spa design for Canyon Ranch at Sea
- A semi-private consultation area in the fitness centre for personal training and consultations
- An enhanced Persian Garden thermal suite, featuring therapeutic spaces and experiences, such as Turkish bath, infrared sauna and salt therapy
- A transformed Oceanview Café
- Redesigned stateroom bathrooms
- Updated Sunset Bar and Rendezvous Lounge
Celebrity’s senior vice president for hotel operations Brian Abel added: “Nearly every space on Celebrity Summit has been modernised, with attention paid to the smallest detail. We couldn’t be more proud of the work that our teams have done for Summit’s ship-wide revolution and the months of hard work leading up to this moment.”
Celebrity Equinox is scheduled to enter dry dock in May 2019 for its own refurbishment, and six more ships will be modernised by 2023.