Celebrity Cruises has recognised the hard work and success of travel agents in the line’s latest Travel Agent Appreciation Awards.
The cruise line highlighted a host of partners in recognition of how their efforts have directly impacted the business’s success over the past 12 months.
More than 70 travel partners attended and a total of eight awards were presented to key groups and individuals to celebrate their commitment to Celebrity Cruises and to the wider industry.
A special Outstanding Contribution Award was also given to Dame Irene Hays, chair of Hays Travel, for her contribution to travel.
Celebrity Cruises vice-president and MD EMEA Jo Rzymowska said: “2022 was an incredible year for Celebrity with the launch of the industry-leading Celebrity Beyond in the UK, and the news that a stunning Edge-Series ship, Celebrity Apex, will be homeporting in Southampton from 2024.
“These achievements are testament to the brand’s confidence in the UK market, owing to the incredible support of our travel partners.
“We’re also particularly encouraged by the strong start we are seeing to wave already, and remain positive for a great year ahead in 2023.
“The Travel Agent Appreciation Awards are our opportunity to say thank you to our hugely valued travel agent community, as we simply couldn’t do it without them.”
Agent partners ‘vital’ to Celebrity Cruises
This year’s awards also marked the final time Rzymowska will preside over the annual event before stepping down from her role in June.
She added: “This year’s awards are also particularly poignant for me as I think beyond just the last 12 months and back as far as when I first stepped into my role for the dedicated Celebrity business back in 2014.
“As I prepare to hand over the mantle in June, I’d like to add a note of personal gratitude to all of the travel partners and industry friends who have been vital to the success of our business during my time at its helm.”
The full list of winners is as follows:
- Cruise.co.uk – commended for its innovative go-to market campaigns, creative approach and product planning
- Hays Travel – noted for its approach to investing in training
- Love It Book It – for a focus on its TV channel to drive sales and showcase Celebrity Cruises
- Midcounties Co-Operative – for deepening the partnership with Celebrity Cruises by dedicating extra resource to drive Celebrity brand awareness
- Stewart Travel – for developing a bespoke Celebrity Cruises strategic plan
- The Cruise Village – recognised for going above and beyond to deliver personalised service and attract new guests to Celebrity Cruises
- Travel Counsellors – for translating the real value of a holiday with Celebrity Cruises
- Outstanding contribution award: Dame Irene Hays
Image: Steve Dunlop Photography