On Friday 15 October, the Wave Awards will return.
Organised by Real Response Media (RRM), publisher of Cruise Trade News, this event is the highlight of the cruise calendar, bringing together cruise lines, travel agents, tourist boards and many more for an evening of pure celebration.
The venue is 8 Northumberland Avenue, London, and the festivities will kick off at 6:30pm. As for health and safety, the event will follow all government regulations and guidance to ensure guests feel safe and comfortable.
This year will be extra special, as the Wave Awards will honour Peter Grant, former Real Response Media director and Cruise Trade News and World of Cruising publisher, who passed away suddenly in 2020.
During his time at Real Response Media, Peter amassed numerous contacts in the cruise industry and counted many personal friends among both cruise line executives and travel agents. He was a true and passionate advocate for our industry.
Therefore, in Peter’s memory, Real Response Media is proud to launch the Peter Grant Contribution to the Cruise Industry Award. This award will recognise someone who has made a lasting contribution to the cruise sector.
We are asking you to nominate someone who you believe deserves to be recognised. Please submit up to 500 words to [email protected], following the entry criteria below, by 15 September 2021:
- Please explain your key reasons for nominating this person and why you feel they should be rewarded for their contribution to the cruise sector
- What has your nominee done in the last 12 months to help steer the sector through difficult times?
- Peter Grant was very passionate about team building and helping his colleagues to thrive – please explain how your nominee has supported colleagues – in particular over the last 12 months
- To you best knowledge, what innovations/new ways of working has your nominee introduced to help their organisation grow and succeed?
- Testimonials (as supporting evidence)
A host of other awards are up for grabs, such as Best Family Cruise Line, Best for Cuisine, Best Ocean Cruise Line, Best Luxury River Cruise Line, and more, including the Grand Prix prize and one very close to everyone’s hearts – the John Honeywell Award, in memory of John Honeywell, the former World of Cruising editor affectionately known as Captain Greybeard.
Put the date in the diary and get ready for a memorable after-party sponsored by Royal Caribbean, featuring a retro games experience – think air hockey, Space Invaders, Pac Man, and more.
Real Response Media would like to thank all the sponsors for the Wave Awards 2021 – Saga, Royal Caribbean International, Accord Marketing, A-Rosa River Cruises, Crystal Cruises, Fred Olsen Cruise Lines, Marella Cruises, Riviera Travel, Rooster PR, Seabourn, Upperhand Gin, and Silver Travel Advisor.