Princess Cruises has announced that 2018 will see its biggest ever season of cruises departing from the UK. For the first time, the line will offer over 1 million cruise nights on sailings to northern and southern Europe, a significant increase on recent years.
The announcement forms part of Princess Cruises’ 2018 programme, which includes Europe, Alaska, Caribbean, Panama Canal, Canada and New England.
- Sapphire Princess will make her maiden visit to Europe, sailing from Southampton to the Mediterranean and northern Europe
- Royal Princess will return to the UK offering round-Britain cruises. New for 2018 will be late night stays in Belfast and overnight stays in Dublin, Glasgow and Edinburgh
- Pacific Princess will sail from Dover. She will feature a new 12-night European capitals cruise calling at destinations including Amsterdam, Oslo, Copenhagen and Paris
- For the first time in three years summer Caribbean cruises will be available
- Alaska will have its largest ever deployment with seven ships sailing the region from May to September
- 36 voyages in Europe over the school holidays
- Select itineraries provide ‘More Ashore’ overnight stays at destinations including Amsterdam, Barcelona, Dublin, St. Petersburg, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Boston and Venice
- Select itineraries provide ‘More Ashore’ late night stays at destinations including Belfast, Berlin and Oslo
The programme will go on sale on Thursday December 1 at 4pm with a reduced deposit of 5% available until February 28, 2017.
A longer season of cruises from Southampton will be offered on the 2,700-guest Sapphire Princess on her maiden visit to Europe. 16 departures, ranging from three to 14 nights, will be on offer from April – October. Prices start from £799pp for a 7-night voyage.
Sapphire Princess will also sail from Singapore to Southampton on March 28, 2018 on an Indian Ocean & Europe Grand Adventures 38-night cruise. Ports of call include Colombo, Cochin and Dubai. After six months sailing Europe roundtrip from Southampton she will return to Singapore, providing two opportunities for guests to sail the unique 38-night itineraries.
In May 2018 the 3,560-guest Royal Princess will sail the British Isles roundtrip from Southampton, marking five years since she was launched by HRH, the Duchess of Cambridge. New to the programme will be late departures from Belfast on every sailing and overnight stays in Dublin, Edinburgh and Glasgow on select voyages. Prices start from £1,539pp for a 12-night sailing.
Pacific Princess will sail roundtrip from Dover to northern and southern Europe, including a new 12-night European capitals cruise with an overnight stay in Amsterdam. Prices start from £1,519pp.
From April – October, Crown Princess will offer Mediterranean cruises from Rome, Athens and Barcelona. Regal Princess will sail roundtrip from Copenhagen to Scandinavia and the Baltic from April – September. Regal Princess will sail the same itinerary that was featured in ITV’s documentary ‘The Cruise’ which aired earlier this year.
36 voyages in Europe will be over the school holiday period, including five on Sapphire Princess. There will also be 12 Caribbean voyages during the holidays, as summer Caribbean cruises return for the first time since 2014.
Princess will offer 47 itineraries around the Caribbean and Panama Canal ranging from seven to 20-nights. The season will be from April – October, sailing roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale on Caribbean Princess. Prices start from £999.
In addition, Princess will offer its largest ever Alaska deployment with seven ships sailing in the region, increasing the number of guests by more than 15%. Prices start from £749pp for a 7-night sailing.
Tony Roberts, vice president Princess Cruises UK and Europe, said: “Having seen a significant increase in popularity of Princess cruises from the UK, we are thrilled to announce that our 2018 programme will be our biggest ever season. With over 40 sailings, there are more holiday options than ever before from the UK. And with just a 5% deposit, guests can secure a seven night cruise for under £40.
“We are very excited to welcome Sapphire Princess, which has never sailed in Europe before and boasts unique features that we are confident our UK guests will enjoy. And the return of Royal Princess will be a special moment as 2018 will mark five years since she was launched in Southampton by HRH, the Duchess of Cambridge.”
Andy Harmer, director of CLIA UK and Ireland, said: “Cruise holidays from the UK continue to surge in popularity. It’s great to see that Princess Cruises is helping drive this demand by increasing their UK season to help meet the ever-growing number of people who choose to cruise from these shores.”
For more information or to book call 0843 373 0333, visit a travel agent or go to princess.com