Four new sailings featuring two new ports of call and two overnights
Azamara Club Cruises has announced the addition of four new sailings to its exciting line-up of Cuba voyages for 2018. Departing from Miami, the sailings feature overnights in Havana, as well as visits to two maiden ports of call: Cienfuegos and Santiago de Cuba.
Famous for pioneering truly immersive destination experiences, Azamara is now offering more Cuba cruise opportunities for guests to travel deeper into the country and connect with local cultural highlights.
“Interest in travelling to Cuba from both new and loyal guests is undeniable,” said Larry Pimentel, President & CEO of Azamara Club Cruises. “Destination Immersion is the heartbeat of our brand, so naturally we wanted to deliver authentic experiences in Cuba – from new ports to unique land discovery offerings – that truly bring the country’s rich history, culture and people to life.”
Azamara has created a variety of unique shore excursions in Cuba, where guests can enjoy the destination from sunrise to sundown—exploring historic sites by day, followed by mojitos and sultry Cuban music in the evening. Multiple overnights also allow guests the opportunity to stay longer and experience more, including at night when the cobblestone streets are filled with music from salsa clubs, the scent of hand-rolled Cuban cigars, and delicious local cuisine.
Shore Excursions feature a variety of experiences including a visit to the open air cabaret, Tropicana, a Nelson Dominguez art gallery tour, Havana by classic car along the Malecón waterfront, and Hemingway’s Havana, with more experiences coming soon.
Two New Cuban Ports of Call
Beginning January 2018, Azamara guests will have the opportunity to explore new destinations within Cuba including two new ports of call:
- Cienfuegos: Known as La Perla del Sur (Pearl of the South), Cienfuegos sits on the south-central coast of Cuba and is a UNESCO World Heritage Centre.
- Santiago de Cuba: Located on the Caribbean Sea southeast of the capital of Havana is Santiago de Cuba. Known as Cuba’s cultural capital, Santiago is a frenetic, passionate, and noisy beauty, full of Cuban spirit.
Six opportunities to experience Cuba
- Havana Discovery Voyage: Departing on November 20, 2017 (10-Night Miami to Miami)
- Havana Getaway Voyage: Departing November 27, 2017 (4-Night Miami to Miami)
- Panama Canal & Costa Rica Voyage: Departing January 4, 2018 (11-Night Miami to Costa Rica)
- Cuba Intensive Voyage: Departing March 9, 2018 (10-Night Miami to Havana); features two overnights in Havana
- Cuba & Grand Cayman Voyage: Departing March 19, 2018 (7-Night Miami to Miami)
- Cuba Intensive Voyage: Departing March 28, 2018 (10-Night Miami to Miami); features two overnights in Havana